This Aspatore legal title, Navigating Government Election Issues, provides insight into the changes to legal practice that may result from the 2012 presidential election. It discusses questions such as:
- What challenges will attorneys and their clients encounter for each possible outcome of the election?
- What tax issues arise in light of the upcoming election?
- How will continuing changes in health care affect clients?
- What current legal concerns arise for clients who are interested in entering the housing market? How might that change depending on the outcome of the election?
- How might this election affect legal issues associated with the unemployment rate? What can attorneys and their clients expect if it rises? If it falls?
- What aspects of immigration policy might change depending on the election results?
In this work, experts offer advice to fellow attorneys on being informed and staying up-to-date on the candidates' platforms, and they speculate on the short- and long-term effects of this election's outcome. This report offers readers an on-the-spot look at this issue as it continues to unfold.