Westlaw® Case Logistix® makes it easy to create redactions, which can block or mask text when you produce the document.
Note: You can only create a redaction on a mark-up version of the document.
To create a redaction, complete these steps:
- Click the document in the Document List that you want to redact.
- Click the Mark-up tab in the Document Viewer.
- Select the text you want to redact. Then do one of the following:
- Click the New Redaction button on the Mark-up toolbar, shown outlined below
- right-click the selection and click New Redaction on the menu
- The Select Redaction Code dialog box is displayed.
- Select a redaction code or click Add to add a new code.
- Click OK. The redaction is displayed in the document as gray highlighted text, with the redaction code in the upper-right corner of the shaded area.