Legal Solutions | USA
Can we help?
Addressing legal, financial, and tax considerations, Real Estate Investor's Deskbook provides detailed strategies and techniques for an extensive range of real estate investment aims, explaining each step of acquiring, owning, and disposing of real estate. It discusses new developments in environmental liability, and examines obtaining a real estate mortgage, with separate sections covering construction financing and residential loan financing.
The text explores changes made by the Tax Reform Act of 1986 and subsequent tax laws, analyzes REITs and REMICs, and examines the risks and rewards of alternative investments.
Section titles discuss:
• Real estate as an investment
• Valuing real estate and return on investment
• Forms of real estate ownership
• Mortgaging real estate
• Real estate financing techniques
• Sources of capital for real estate
• Taxation of real estate
• Buying, selling, and exchanging real estate
• Leasing real estate
• Property management
• Workouts, foreclosure, and bankruptcy
• Specific types of real estate
• Federal regulation of real estate and mortgage lending