Hundreds of federal, state, local, and analytical tax resources in one place.
Eliminate time-consuming multiple searches in multiple sites. From one convenient platform, Westlaw Tax gives you fast, easy, integrated access to:
- Federal and state primary tax law, including statutes, regulations, and cases
- IRS publications and other federal and state agency materials
- Leading analytical resources from respected providers
Powerful search technology helps you find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Global Search. Type an issue in the Global Search box and simultaneously search hundreds of federal, state, and analytical resources – with results conveniently sorted by category.
- Find a Citation. Enter a citation in the Timesaver Toolbar, and pull up the section or subsection, plus links to relevant statutes, cases, news, and more.
- Legislative history timelines in graphical format. In easy-to-understand format, see a statute’s complete legislative history. Find links to text of past, present, and future versions of the statute.
- Subsection KeyCite. Quickly and easily retrieve a list of cases and statutes, proposed legislation, administrative decisions, and analytical sources citing a code subsection or paragraph.
- Searchable and browsable tables of contents. Enter a search term and get a result showing you every place in the table of contents that your search term appears. Search tables of contents from a single publication or multiple publications simultaneously.
- News. Click the News tab for access to The BNA Daily Tax Report and Weekly Tax Updates.
- Directory. Click the Directory link at the top of the Westlaw Tax screen to search a well-organized list of all tax materials available.
- Add/Remove a Tab. Add and share tabs, such as News.
- Alerts. Receive automatic notification whenever information matching your search is added.
- Research Trail. Saves research events for 14 days, so you can easily return to a past search.