Litigation History Reports on WestlawNext
Quickly understand the litigation experience of judges and attorneys.
Eliminate the guesswork and increase your command of the case.
For a solid understanding of a judge’s or attorney's experience, rely on Litigation History Reports for authoritative analysis that builds trust and credibility with clients. Quickly review court documents from previous cases and pinpoint the documents most crucial to your case.
- Examine a judge’s or attorney’s experience by practice area, client, or other criteria
- Draw from all of our caselaw, federal dockets since 1990, and local dockets from 28 states
- Customize reports by adjusting the date range or displaying only the most relevant litigation events
- Link directly to related opinions, dockets, and court documents
- Know instantly if a decision in a case is still good law with KeyCite flags
Reports provide insightful analysis in a flexible format for:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of opponents with in-depth investigation of opposing counsel's trial experience in various cases
- Evaluate the types of cases a judge has heard plus the position taken on procedural, evidentiary, and substantive law questions
- Shape discovery strategy and tactics based on opposing counsel's litigation experience and the judge’s past rulings on discovery issues
- Collect data on attorneys and judges
- Locate qualified local counsel to handle out-of-state legal matters
- Research employment opportunities and prepare for interviews
The world's largest online legal brief bank for litigators.
Select or impeach expert witnesses with three essential reports.
Dockets and document retrieval for power docket researchers.
Get background information on attorneys, judges, and expert witnesses.
Combines relevant caselaw libraries with tools to evaluate and investigate new cases, negotiate settlements, and prepare for trial.
Whether you do litigation work exclusively or rarely, find resources that include hornbooks, treatises, forms, model briefs, and trial preparation materials.