Comprehensive solution for docket information and delivery.
Quickly and efficiently obtain the facts you need to monitor ongoing or potential disputes, and successfully litigate your cases.
DOCKETS ON WESTLAW NEXT
Find up-to-date filings nationwide.
This online collection includes more than 114 million dockets from 1,100+ jurisdictions. Dockets on WestlawNext delivers the most current docket materials directly to you from:
- All U.S. federal trial and appellate courts, plus specialized courts
- Supreme Court
- Court of Appeals for all 13 circuits
- District and bankruptcy courts for all 94 districts
- Court of Federal Claims, Tax Court, Court of International Trade, International Trade Commission, and other specialized courts
- 35 states' courts plus local courts
Two powerful tools keep the right people in your organization well-informed:
- Docket Alerts notify you about new case filings, usually before defense counsel has been retained
- Docket Tracks automatically notify you about developments or changes in dockets of interest
Dockets are easy to search and available on three platforms: legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.com, WestlawNext, and Court Express.
- Grow your client base. Get an early alert about new filings and a better chance to represent one of the parties
- Organize and manage cases better. Track a case's status, monitor related cases, and obtain useful information from court filings
- Research litigation strategies. Evaluate expert witnesses, view judicial profiles, and learn about opposing counsel and prospective clients
COURT WIRE ON WESTLAW NEXT
Be the first to know!
Court Wire alerts are the fastest way to learn about newly filed cases affecting your company, or current and potential clients. Court Wire reporters collect case filing data and give you a synopsis of the key legal issues in each filing. You'll understand the essence of a case without reading the entire complaint, so you can react faster.
- Extensive coverage. Now covering all U.S. District Courts and more than 100 state courts
- Flexibility. Alerts based on your criteria: parties, jurisdictions, keywords, type of case, and industries
- Easy access. Your choice of daily emails or continuous delivery as soon as cases are available, plus mobile options
- Integration with Dockets. Combining Court Wire's early alerts with complementary Dockets services let you follow a case from filing to resolution
Efficiently alert your organization to valuable information.
Docket Watch puts you in control of new information about case filings. This time-saving administrative tool for delivering docket alerts lets you:
- Monitor and manage Docket Alerts within your organization
- Determine whether defense counsel has been added to a docket
- Notify the appropriate individuals within your organization about these client-development opportunities
- Combine multiple alerts into a well-organized, customized report
Setting up alerts is simple using Docket Watch's file of company names plus ticker symbols and other criteria for comprehensive monitoring. Decide which individuals, businesses, practice areas, and jurisdictions you want to monitor and how you want your alerts delivered – as one-by-one emails or uploads to your organization's online portal.
RELATED INFORMATIONFind your rep »
Take the easy route to hard-copy documents.
When you need a document not available online, Court Express can retrieve it from anywhere in the world and deliver it to you promptly. Our professional researchers can be at most U.S. courts and agencies within four hours to track down the document you requested.
Court Express finds:
- Court documents. Complaints, answers, motions, briefs, transcripts, opinions, due diligence reports, expert witness testimony from U.S. and international courts
- State and federal agency documents. Article retrieval, authentications, legalizations, apostilles, library copying and review, including secretary of state filings, Freedom of Information Act requests, insurance commission materials, manpower projects
- Due diligence information.On-site manual searches; background checks of criminal records, litigation, and assets; other history back 10 to 20 years; and custom searches
Throughout a search, we keep you fully updated on the progress of your order.