Chronologically organized to follow the legal life cycle of a family business, Estate and Entity Planning: Family Business Organizations furnishes relevant state statutes, research aids, and tax law, as well as practical analysis and proven strategies. It covers the passage of the business through the estate administration process and postdeath management. The text covers:
• Generation-skipping taxes
• Solutions to tax problems brought on by additional capital and changing family structures
• S corporation eligibility
• Buy-sell agreements between shareholders or partners
• Property and tax planning through grantor retained income trusts and the marital deduction
• Opportunity shifting as it relates to § 2036(c) and otherwise § 2032A business and real estate income valuation and charitable contributions
You'll find more than 200 necessary forms, comparison charts, checklists, and graphs, including a graphic analysis of the relative taxation of S and C corporations and a comparison of the features of S corporations and limited partnerships.