Your premier source for legal solutions, including Westlaw products and law books.
Designing an Effective FCPA and Anti-Bribery Compliance Program is a valuable resource, assisting inside counsel, company officers, chief financial officers, comptrollers, and internal auditors in handling overseas operations. With the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission bringing a record number of prosecutions and enforcement actions under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the FCPA has become a hot topic. Add to that the increased risk of prosecutions in countries that have adopted one or more of the recent international conventions targeted at bribery and corruption and it becomes clear that an understanding of how to comply with the FCPA is critical for companies doing business abroad.
• Includes information on how to meet the U.S. sentencing guidelines for promoting ethical conduct and compliance with the law
• Contains guidance on the role of the chief financial officer, comptroller, and chief internal auditor in bookkeeping
• Reveals how to meet the Sentencing Guidelines' requirement to “exercise due diligence to prevent and detect criminal conduct”
• Assists in creating a meaningful Code of Conduct
• Explains how to encourage compliance and punish violations by officers and employees
• Contains guidance on how to customize compliance programs for particular industries or business models
• Assists in auditing company books and records to ensure compliance with federal rules and accounting requirements
Sign up to receive product offers and updates via email.