Legal Solutions | USA
Can we help?
The best way to prepare for the possibility of violence on campus may begin with opening Campus Security for Public and Private Colleges and Universities. This title addresses staff, student, and visitor safety on public and private college and university campuses. It provides:
• Expert advice on structuring a university police department
• Tips on making the most of partnering with federal and local agencies
• A discussion of threat assessments
• Insight into the Clery Act and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act regulations
• Analysis of Homeland Security concerns
• Coverage of liability concerns, risk management, the release of student records and personal information, and the duty to protect and warn
This volume is a useful resource for those responsible for college campuses and their attorneys, as well as for police departments in college and university towns that must address and react to threats to campus communities.