The Fundamentals of Counterterrorism Law dives into the basic legal framework surrounding the many parts of dealing with terrorism, covering such critical topics as international investigations, national security law, ethics, privatization, drones, cyberterrorism, and much more.
Written by experts in the field of terrorism, these authors offer an astounding view into the current laws and justification for the governmental responses stemming from the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- Prologue: The New Griffin of War
- Chapter I: FBI Domestic and Foreign Counterterrorism Operations
- Chapter II: FBI International Investigations: Benghazi, Libya
- Chapter III: Terrorism’s Threat to Cities Large and Small
- Chapter IV: What is the Mission? Why is Countering Terrorism So Difficult?
- Chapter V: Lawyers, the Courts, and Military Commissions
- Chapter VI: Military Commissions: A National Security and Justice Institution for Our Time
- Chapter VII: Pulling the Purse Strings Tight: Use of Funding Restriction to Limit Executive Prerogatives Regarding the Guantanamo Bay Facility
- Chapter VIII: Presidential Usurpation or Congressional Abdication: An Alternative View of Legislative-Executive Relations and the Power to Go to War
- Chapter IX: A Legal Ethics Primer for National Security Lawyers
- Chapter X: A Broad Overview of the Law of Armed Conflict in the Age of Terror
- Chapter XI: Privatizing the War on Terror: The Legal and Policy Challenges of Outsourcing America’s Counterterrorism Fight to Private Military, Security and Intelligence Contractors
- Chapter XII: “A Game of Drones”: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Chapter XIII: Counterterrorism Operations, International Law, and the Debate Over the Use of Lethal Force
- Chapter XIV: The Advent of Preventive War in Counterterrorism: Are We Playing By New International Rules?
- Chapter XV: Cyberterrorism
- Chapter XVI: Demystifying Terrorist Financing
- Chapter XVII: On the Front Lines of the Home Front: The Intersection of Domestic Counterterrorism Operations and Drone Legislation
- Epilogue: The Laws of Counterterrorism: What’s Next? – An Epilogue