Your premier source for legal solutions, including Westlaw products and law books.
Family and Business Succession Planning presents the thoughts of leading lawyers on evaluating recent trends, navigating uncertain tax laws, and developing creative strategies for families and businesses. Experienced partners from law firms across the nation guide the reader through the process of utilizing a client's documentation to overcome challenges in the succession planning process and acquiring appropriate trustees to care for a client's best interests. These top lawyers offer specific advice on matching the type of succession strategy to a client's goal, observing the client's family dynamic, and understanding a client's tax position.
The volume addresses topics such as:
• Developing effective succession plans
• Incorporating trusts into succession plans
• Dealing with guardianship issues
• Including all key players during negotiations
• Asking the right questions
• Communicating changes in the law
• Developing strong, trusting relationships with clients
Sign up to receive product offers and updates via email.